Have you been to a doctor for a follow up on persistent lower back pain? You are not alone. Each year a large number of people, around 85 % approximately find themselves in a doctor’s office due to a severe back pain. While it’s a pretty common ailment, the exact reason for this condition is not easy to identify.
This is one of the main reasons why the standard care practices for managing back pain differs from one doctor to the other. Generally the following treatments are advised:
- Pain management with the help of over the counter medications
- Proper rest to the affected area
- Physical therapy combined with other life style changes
However, the good news is that despite severe back pain, most people are able to get back on their feet after a few weeks only. Condition being, that they should follow the treatment plan suggested by their doctor.
There are quite a few doctors who have started prescribing chiropractic care along with the usual medical treatment. Normally it is assumed that people who don’t get better with usual treatments might find visiting a chiropractor beneficial.
Why visit a Perth chiropractor?
There have been a number of recent studies regarding the role of chiropractic care in the management of lower back pain. It has been observed that people who undergo chiropractic treatment experience the following:
- Less intensity in their back pain
- Improved mobility. Many are able to overcome their usual disability like inability to walk, stand or sit for long periods of time
- Felt better with only a few days of treatment
- Improved sleep due to decrease in pain intensity
If you have been suffering from persistent back pain which shows no sign of abating, going to a leading chiropractic clinic can be quite beneficial. Not only do chiropractors believe in helping manage the pain but they actually get to know about the root cause of the pain. Treating the root cause of the pain can help keep the symptoms at bay and prevent them from returning.
Chiropractic care benefits
There are several benefits associated with chiropractic care, these include the following:
- Chiropractic care is a holistic mode of treatment. This means that there are no medications or invasive procedures involved.
- A chiropractor works by making manual adjustments. These adjustments allow for the proper alignment of the back bone. When the spinal cord is well aligned it can prevent a myriad of diseases. Not only is it beneficial for pain management but can help improve conditions associated with poor digestion and insomnia.
- People who usually suffer from pain also suffer from sleep problems. After a visit to a chiropractor a person might find relief from the pain and this in turn helps improve their quality of sleep.
- It can reduce the need for surgery or other invasive procedures. Sometimes surgery is considered as a last resort when all medications and physical therapies fail.
If you suffer from lower back pain, make sure you visit a Perth chiropractor today.